We exist to extend the welcome of Jesus.
- What is the welcome of Jesus? – It is truth and grace (John 1:14).
- Who receives the welcome of Jesus? – The church community (Romans 15:7) and the city in which we live (Genesis 12:1-3).
- How do we extend the welcome of Jesus? – Through our words (Romans 1:16) and our deeds (1 Peter 2:12; Titus 2:10).
We value six dynamics that hold together two good things that are easily separated.
- The formation of emotionally healthy spirituality (head and heart).
- The initiation of redemptive hospitality (loving God and neighbor).
- The intersection of faith and work (Sunday and Monday).
- The connection of the church and our campus (church and city).
- The vision of cross-cultural community (cultural difference and gospel unity).
- The mission of every member (ordinary and radical).
If we live these values out, we will surprise ourselves and our neighbors. Which is why we envision a future where a surprising number of people in our city have a surprising encounter with Hope.